Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two things that go great together!

Early pregnancy and the stomach flu!  Apparently pregnant women are more likely to get cols and flus and then have them last longer and be worse than non-pregnant women.  It seems that my immune system is up to other fun things instead of fighting off the icky germs that teenagers bring me.

All in all, I don't feel too bad these days, though how I long for solid food!  The baby is unaffected by the stomach bug, so it has no idea that anything is up, which is nice.  I was glad to hear that it will be fine regardless of how I feel.  

I found this really neat video of a 10 week old fetus in action and thought I would share it on.  It's really cool to think that there's a little human being inside of me doing jumping jacks and the breast stroke.  He's getting more exercise than I am right now!

4 comments:

  1. Haw haw! I shouldn't laugh; Lisa's had a cold for about three weeks now. Wait until you're about six months: Jer will have a field day shining a flashlight on your belly to see what the little murloc does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jer and Elizabeth! We're so happy for you, and we just can't wait to meet the little Murloc!

    Sorry you're feeling crummy, E, but it will get better soon!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations guys!!

    Look forward to reading all about the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete